Partner, Audit Services
Tom Brean is responsible for audits and consulting for a wide variety of not-for-profit groups. He works with large national and international charitable organizations, professional and trade associations, social service, schools, arts and religious organizations, and community development organizations.
- Not-for-profit and higher education
- Private company audit
Tom Brean is responsible for audits and consulting for a wide variety of not-for-profit organizations. He works with large national and international charitable organizations, professional and trade associations, social service, higher education, cultural, and religious organizations. Tom is currently the lead partner working with the YMCA of the USA, Salvation Army Central Territory, Field Museum, Navy Pier, Elmhurst University and Art Institute of Chicago. He is also a frequent speaker and author on not-for-profit topics.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA — Illinois
- Illinois CPA Society, Not-for-Profit Committee, Member and Former
- Chicago Architecture Foundation, Board of Trustees; Finance Committee
Presentations and publications
- Speaker, Illinois CPA Society Annual Not-for-Profit Conference, “Accounting and Auditing Update,” November 2008–2012.
- Speaker, AICPA Not-for-Profit and Governmental Conference, “Single Audits,” “NPO Audit and Advance Accounting Issues,” October 2012.
- Speaker, AHACPA Annual Multifamily Conference, “Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing Update,” December 2011.
- Speaker, Association Forum, “Best Practices for Governing Your Association,” June 2009.
- Visit our library for more articles and presentations by Thomas Brean.
- BBA, University of Wisconsin
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.