Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
- Private equity
- Retail and consumer products
- Real estate and construction
- Life sciences
- Technology and telecommunications
Kirk is a Managing Director for our Operations Transformation and Sourcing & Supply Chain practice. With over 25 years of supply chain experience, Kirk has spent the majority of his career in consulting, advising large multinational and middle market companies across multiple industry sectors, as well as public sector clients, on how to best transform their supply chains.
Kirk is recognized for his ability to help clients define supply chain strategy in response to changing market conditions and other disruptive forces and subsequently helping them transform their supply chain to provide higher customer satisfaction while balancing inventory and service commitments and minimizing their total supply chain costs.
Kirk has a passion for helping his clients reduce costs and working capital efficiency through turnarounds and transformation driven initiatives prioritized to deliver near term savings to fund high priority supply chain innovation.
Kirk most recently worked at Chainalytics where he was Vice President and Supply Chain Operations Practice Leader focused on optimizing supply chain operations, cost and service. Prior to that, Kirk was a Senior Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton, leading their Space and Homeland Security Supply Chain and Logistics lines of business.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Warehouse Education Research Council (WERC)
- Association for Supply Chain Management (APICS)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certification in Transportation & Logistics (CTL), APICS
- Certification in Integrated Logistics Support
- Warehouse Design Certification, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Supply Chain Pro to Know, 2015
- Top 100 Supply Chain Projects, Supply & Demand Executive Magazine
Presentations and publications
- Unhappy Customers? It May Be a Data Governance Issue, LinkedIn Blog
- Using the Right Data to Right-Size Your Warehouse, LinkedIn Blog
- The Circular Economy, Reverse Logistics Conference & Expo
- Eyes Wide Open: How to Ensure Your New 3PL Relationships Works, LinkedIn Blog
- Optimizing Your Distribution Center to Boost Revenue, Parcel Magazine
- Right Sizing a Crucial Link in Your Supply Chain: The Warehouse, LinkedIn Blog
- Right Sizing Life Cycle Logistics for Space Systems, AIAA Atlanta Chapter Meeting
- Right Sizing Life Cycle Logistics for Space Systems, AIAA Space 2011 Conference
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Supply Chain Management - University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Master of Science (MS) Transportation and Logistics – University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Industrial Engineering – Georgia Institute of Technology
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.