Keith Keller is a managing director in our Business Advisory Services practice. Based in our Atlanta office, he has more than 30 years of business experience working with a variety of organizations to enhance their performance through risk management, operational effectiveness and enhanced governance.
Keith has over 35 years of consulting and corporate experience including Chief Internal Audit roles in two large manufacturing companies and three large banks; consulting projects in enterprise risk management, internal audit co-sourcing/outsourcing, quality assurance reviews, internal audit transformation; and regulatory and compliance including Sarbanes-Oxley. His experience spans several industries, including manufacturing, telecom, financial services, and power & utilities. Some of Keith’s specific experience includes:
- Strategic visioning review for an internal audit function of a large financial services organization and the Quality Assurance reviews of a money center bank including reviews of the audit planning and risk assessment process.
- Numerous organizational and target risk assessments- as well as development of risk-based internal audit plans for clients of varied size and complexity, across industries.
- Enterprise risk management assessments and implementations
- Process improvement and re-design projects
- Market conduct review for a large bank related to a regulator consent order
- Regulatory and compliance audits
- Internal audit co-source and out-source projects
- Internal audit function assessments and redesign
- Reengineering and/or transforming IA and risk management functions, and leading Quality Assurance Reviews in line with IIA Standards.
- Internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley consulting projects leader of teams with 15 to 120 people
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Georgia
- Certified Financial Services Auditor
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors and AICPA
- Regional Director for the Professional Risk Managers International Association
Presentations and publications
- 2014 GRC IIA/ISACA, "IA: Getting to Strong in the Current Regulatory Environment"
- SC Statewide Audit Conference, "Third-Party Risk Management"
- Best Audit Practices Peer Group, "Regulatory Hot Topics"
- University of Chicago, MBA, Finance
- University of Illinois, BS, Accounting