- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunications
Verne leads Grant Thornton's India/US (INDUS) shared-services center. The center, based in Bangalore, India employs more than 1200 professionals serving Grant Thornton and its US-based clients. Prior to taking on the role, Verne was an Audit partner working with accelerated filers and large privately held companies in a variety of industries. He was also the Managing Partner of Grant Thornton's Orlando, Florida office for more than 15 years.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2012, he worked with Big 4 Firms, including a two-year rotation in a national office serving SEC reporting companies.
Verne has more than 30 years of experience servicing publicly- and-privately held companies, including early-stage businesses. Throughout his career, Verne has led engagement teams serving real estate, manufacturing and technology companies involved in public equity and debt offerings, private-placement offerings, initial public offerings, and transactions related to going private.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CPA - Florida
- American Resort Development Association
- The First Academy Executive Committee
- Florida Citrus Sports
- Junior Achievement
- Florida Institute of CPAs, Accounting Standards Committee
- University of Florida Accounting Advisory Board
- University of Central Florida Accounting Advisory Board
- Samford Parent Leadership Council
- University of Alabama
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.