Robert is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton LLP’s Public Sector Advisory practice. He is the Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) solution lead for Grant Thornton’s Public Sector Enterprise Technology Strategy practice. He also serves as the Program Advisory Services lead for the firm’s State and Local practice, helping our clients successfully complete large and highly complex information technology projects. Robert provides his clients with high value insights based upon his experience delivering a wide array of services including managing system implementations, IV&V and Quality Assurance services, leading strategic sourcing initiatives, development of IT strategic plans, program and process improvement, business case development, and development of performance measurement programs. Robert is regularly sought out by C-suite executives at his clients for strategic direction and guidance.
Robert has 24 years of experience providing advisory services, including as a Senior Manager in Deloitte’s public sector consulting practice and managing his own business as an independent contractor providing project management and strategic advisory services to public sector organizations. Robert has been with Grant Thornton since January of 2016.
Robert has spent his entire professional career in the state and local government industry. He served for 4 years as an employee in the Office of Management and Budget and the Mayor’s Office in the City of New York. He then returned to graduate school and earned his Masters in Public Affairs before embarking on his consulting career. Robert has worked with government clients across the country on a large variety of initiatives and projects. He has an in-depth understanding of business processes and operations across the government enterprise.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified SCRUM Master
- Volunteer organizer for the annual Mile High Invitational High School Speech and Debate Tournament
Presentations and publications
- Speaker – Colorado Government Association of Information Technology (CGAIT) / Colorado Information Management Association (CIMA) Fall Conference
- Speaker – PeopleSoft Public Sector and Higher Education User Group Annual Conference
- Speaker – US Food and Nutrition Service and State of California, Best Business Practices Conference
- Speaker – New York State Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Western Region Annual Seminar
- Co-Author – “Investing in ERP Pre-Implementation Activities”, Grant Thornton White Paper
- Co-Author – “Performance Measurement in Government - A Primer” ICMA Municipal Yearbook
- Co-Author - “Economic Development Trends”, ICMA Municipal Yearbook