Liza is a principal in Grant Thornton’s Strategic Federal Tax Services (SFTS) practice.
- Technology and telecommunications
Liza is a principal in Grant Thornton’s Strategic Federal Tax Services (SFTS) practice. In her role, she leads a team that executes on specialty tax projects such as accounting methods, fixed asset, cost segregation, and research and development (R&D) tax credit studies. Her experience extends to federal R&D credit calculations, state R&D credit reviews, FIN48 analysis, R&D studies that rely on statistical sampling, the ASC 730 Directive, and IRS and state examinations.
Liza has authored numerous articles on R&D related legislative changes, the IRS process, and best practices for executing R&D tax credit studies. She often assists clients with optimizing their internal R&D tax credit documentation and processes.
Liza also presents at Tax Executives Institute (TEI) and Financial Executives International (FEI) events on R&D-related topics.
Liza conducts R&D Tax Credit studies across numerous industries, including but not limited to software, video gaming, technology, aerospace and defense, and manufacturing.
- Liza sits on the Board of Governors for the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation.
- Master in Business Administration, Seattle University
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics University of Maryland
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, University of Maryland