San Jose, California
- Not-for-profit & higher education
- Audit & assurance
Kim McCormick has more than 25 years of experience working with higher education, cultural organizations, social service organizations, grant-making foundations, religious organizations and trade associations. Her attention is fully dedicated to serving the not-for-profit sector, and she leads the Greater Bay Area office’s not-for-profit industry group. McCormick speaks frequently at events sponsored by Grant Thornton, the AICPA, and the California Society of CPAs on technical topics such as endowment accounting, fair value accounting and OMB Circular A-133. She recently completed a two-year rotation in the firm’s National Professional Standards Group, providing not-for-profit technical consultations and training to Grant Thornton professionals.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- CalCPA Not-For-Profit Organizations Conference, Planning Committee
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center, Executive Committee Member and Not-for-Profit Financial Executives Forum, Planning Committee
- National Association of College and University Business Officers/Western Association of College and University Business Officers
- Northern California Grantmakers, Audit Committee Member
- BA, Accounting, California State University – Fresno
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Enter a name and/or keywords such as service area, industry or location to get to know our business leaders — partner, principal or managing director. We look forward to hearing from you.