Neal has extensive experience leading tax compliance and consulting engagements with large and middle market public and private companies in a broad range of industries, including technology, manufacturing and distribution, media, real estate and retail. Some of Neal’s specific experience includes:
- Expertise in partnership taxation, including formation, special allocations of income and expenses, partnership operations, basis adjustments, allocation of nonrecourse deductions, disguised sales and transactions between a partner and a partnership.
- Tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including structuring, due diligence, preparing companies for sale and tax compliance reporting.
- Expertise in corporate taxation, including structuring corporate reorganizations, incorporations under Section 351, redemptions and the net operating loss limitations of Section 382.
- Formerly a partner with a Big Four firm for 14 years and a national accounting firm for seven years.
- Founded and led a national accounting firm’s Washington National Tax office.
- Real estate
Professional qualifications and memberships
Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Atlanta Estate Planning Council, Member
Ansley Golf Club, Member
BS, Accounting, The State University of New York
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Search for people at Grant Thornton by selecting one or more criteria. Select new criteria
to conduct a new search.