Brian has nearly 25 years of professional tax experience and currently leads the tax practice for the East Region for Grant Thornton, LLP, with responsibility for all operations of the practice. He also serves financial services clients with expertise in private equity and alternative investments. Brian has experience providing a variety of tax planning and compliance services to both public and private businesses, including:
Brian has managed consulting and compliance engagements for private equity funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, asset managers, offshore partnerships, and broker-dealers.
- Federal tax consulting and federal tax planning
- Managing complex tax compliance projects with consolidated and tiered entities filing in multiple jurisdictions.
- Asset management
- Private equity
- Partnership taxation
- Tax reporting & advisory
Professional qualifications and memberships
Brian is a licensed CPA in Georgia, New York, and North Carolina.
Brian is a practiced public speaker to internal and external corporate audiences. He has been a featured speaker for multiple organizations, including:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Wall Street Tax Association
- Hedge Funds Care
Brian is actively involved in the Atlanta Community, serving as a Board Member for the Atlanta Area Council for the Boy Scouts of America. He is also a Cub Scout Leader for Pack 212, based in Buckhead. Previously, he served as the Treasurer and Executive Committee Member for the Greater New York City Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and was a founding member of Pack 3, based in Lower Manhattan.
Brian serves on the Alumni Board for the Goizueta Business School of Emory University, and is also on the Advisory Board for the Culverhouse School of Accountancy at the University of Alabama.
Brian has a Masters of Business Administration in Finance from Emory University and a Bachelors of Science in Accountancy with honors from the University of Alabama.