Mr. Melella serves on Grant Thornton’s leadership team as a managing director in the advisory services practice of Grant Thornton. He is responsible for leading and executing performance improvement initiatives that deliver demonstrable financial return to the firm’s clients.
Mr. Melella has over 20 years of management consulting experience in a variety of industries, with emphasis on performance improvement, IT strategy and operations, and analytics strategy and development. He has led or participated in large scale transformation initiatives and integration efforts aimed at reducing direct cost, enhancing revenue and providing cross-functional business insight through key performance metrics and dashboard development. Chris leverages this experience and his passion for data driven insights to help clients deliver value through financial, process, and technical performance improvement. Some key initiatives that Mr. Melella has led include:
Sample Client Citations
- A business transformation effort that included implementing an office to drive strategic projects through value capture, transforming the finance function, and implementing “The Perfect Order” - a cross-functional operational assessment methodology allowing identification of key process breakdowns and customer service opportunities. Initiatives resulted in ~$3M / year of EBITDA increase
- Transforming the IT department into a business focused service organization while serving as interim Chief Information Officer for a public real estate financial intermediary.
- An organizational restructure for the support function of a financial institution resulting in $20M annual run rate savings
- The design of an enterprise analytics platform that focused on maximizing revenue capture and working capital efficiency through billing cycle optimization
- The development of a procurement and supply chain KPI and analytics platform that identified and aided in the recovery of over $2M in warranted part failures
Mr. Melella has managed successful performance improvement initiatives for many of his clients including Border States, HFF, MoneyGram, Alcon, Lennox Heating and Cooling, Odyssey Healthcare, Gentiva, and Red Roof Inn among others.