Keith has over 35 years of consulting and corporate experience including Chief Internal Audit roles in two large manufacturing companies and three large banks; consulting projects in enterprise risk management, internal audit co-sourcing/outsourcing, quality assurance reviews, internal audit transformation; and regulatory and compliance including Sarbanes-Oxley. His experience spans several industries, including manufacturing, telecom, financial services, and power & utilities. Some of Keith’s specific experience includes:
- Strategic visioning review for an internal audit function of a large financial services organization and the Quality Assurance reviews of a money center bank including reviews of the audit planning and risk assessment process.
- Numerous organizational and target risk assessments- as well as development of risk-based internal audit plans for clients of varied size and complexity, across industries.
- Enterprise risk management assessments and implementations
- Process improvement and re-design projects
- Market conduct review for a large bank related to a regulator consent order
- Regulatory and compliance audits
- Internal audit co-source and out-source projects
- Internal audit function assessments and redesign
- Reengineering and/or transforming IA and risk management functions, and leading Quality Assurance Reviews in line with IIA Standards.
- Internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley consulting projects leader of teams with 15 to 120 people
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Certified Public Accountant, Georgia
- Certified Financial Services Auditor
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors and AICPA
- Regional Director for the Professional Risk Managers International Association
Presentations and publications
2014 GRC IIA/ISACA, "IA: Getting to Strong in the Current Regulatory Environment"
SC Statewide Audit Conference, "Third-Party Risk Management"
Best Audit Practices Peer Group, "Regulatory Hot Topics"
University of Chicago, MBA, Finance
University of Illinois, BS, Accounting