Phil Gaglio is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton’s Corporate Value Consulting Group located in Southfield, Michigan.
Phil has more than 30 years of valuation, financial analysis, and litigation support experience. He regularly values manufacturing, service, retail, wholesale, and professional companies as well as various types of intellectual property. Phil has determined lost profits and other economic damages resulting from business interruption, breach of contract, wrongful acts, fraudulent conveyances, patent infringement, condemnation and other causes. He has qualified and testified as an expert on numerous occasions in Federal District Court and various state Circuit Courts.
Prior to Grant Thornton, Phil was a principal at a boutique valuation and litigation consulting firm for 14 years as well as a financial consultant specializing in litigation support and business valuations at PwC.
Equity and intangible valuation for a variety of purposes, including:
- Financial Reporting for business combinations (FASB ASC 805), intangibles-goodwill (FASB ASC 350), long-lived assets (FASB ASC 360-10-35), compensation-stock compensation (FASB ASC 718 and IRC 409A)
- Estate, gift and federal tax purposes
- Mergers, acquisitions, refinancing
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Dissenting shareholder disputes
- Divorce, condemnation & other litigation
- Bankruptcy matters
- Health care
- Hospitality and restaurants
- Real estate
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- CFA Society of Detroit
- American Society of Appraisers (Candidate Member)
- The ESOP Association
- The Health Care Committee of the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- The Executive Committee of the Michigan ESOP Association
- Past president of the CFA Society of Detroit and a former member of that organization's board of directors
Grosse Pointe Sunrise Rotary, Past President
MBA, International Business, George Washington University
BA, Economics, University of Michigan
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Search for people at Grant Thornton by selecting one or more criteria. Select new criteria
to conduct a new search.