Scott Davis leads Grant Thornton’s Financial Advisory Services practice. He has more than 25 years of consulting experience, including turnaround, workout, restructuring, strategic positioning and alignment, M&A, performance improvement, litigation support, and forensics. His operational and consulting experience includes interim management, developing and implementing strategic business plans, establishing budgeting and forecasting tools, improving cash management and liquidity, financing negotiations, revenue enhancement, cost reduction, identifying and disposing of non-core business segments, and negotiating acquisitions and dispositions.
He has spoken and written articles on health care restructuring, improving business performance, expert witness testimony and financial reporting at conferences including Healthcare Management Financial Association, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, the American Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the American Transportation Association.
- Transportation, logistics, wholesale, and distribution
- Restructuring and turnaround
- Mergers and acquisitions
Professional qualifications and memberships
CPA — Connecticut, North Carolina (#27675)
Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
American Bankruptcy Institute and ABI Healthcare Committee
Turnaround Management Association
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
Presentations and publications
- Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions – McGuire Woods Southeast Provider Conference, October 2017
- Expert Reports – Both sides Now and Examiners and Trustees In Chapter 11– Bankruptcy from a Government Perspective Conference – National Association of Attorneys General, September 2016
- Hospital Bankruptcy Hypothetical Case Study – Bankruptcy from a Government Perspective Conference – National Association of Attorneys General, October 2015
- Health Care Insolvency – American Bankruptcy Institute Northeast Regional Conference, July 2015
- Predicting the Next Storm – Turnaround Management Association – 2015 Southeast Regional Conference and Capital Mall, May 2015
- Hemorrhaging Hospitals: Labor Issues in the Healthcare Insolvency E.R. – American Bankruptcy Institute Annual Spring Meeting, April 2015
- Healthcare Issues – American Bankruptcy Institute Stetson-Paskay Annual Seminar, March 2015
- Lexis Practical Guidance on “Understanding Financial Statements”, “13-Week Cash Flow Forecasting”, “Role of Best Interests of Creditors Test”, Financial reporting During Chapter 11”, and “Valuation in Section 363 Sales”, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Advising the Distressed Healthcare Business – North Carolina Bar Association Annual Conference, November 2013
- Restructuring Health Care Providers under Obamacare - Turnaround Management Association, November 2013
- Trends in Healthcare Affiliations – Is Vertical Integration a Trend for the Future? – McGuire Woods/Grant Thornton Southeast Healthcare Provider Conference, September 24, 2013
- Continuing care retirement communities in distress: Considerations for restructuring and workouts – co-author, Health CareRx, Fall 2012
- Managing Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers’ second bankruptcy: Balancing complexity, compassion and cooperation – Grant Thornton LLP Case Study, September 2012
- Current Developments in CCRC Restructuring and Workouts, ABI Journal, Intensive Care column, June 2012
- Understanding Financial Statements for Lawyers – ABI Annual Spring Meeting 2011
- Healthcare Providers under Pressure: Make the Most of Challenging Times, December 2010, New Perspectives, Accounting Matters
- Occasional lecturer at UNC’s School of Public Health and Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University
- Author, “Financial restructuring module,” Lexis Practice Advisor, 2012.
- Speaker, “Healthcare Insolvencies- Complexity Challenge and Competitive Pressures,” Healthcare Financial Managers’ Association of Chicago July 2011.
- Speaker, “Healthcare Insolvencies- Complexity Challenge and Competitive Pressures,” Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, May 2011
- Author, “Health Care Providers Under Pressure: Making the Most of Challenging Times,” Journal of Healthcare Finance, Winter 2010.
- Visit our library for more publications and presentations by Scott Davis.
CareRing NC, Board Member and Committee Chair
BS, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill