Mike D’Addio is a Managing Director in Grant Thornton’s State and Local Tax (SALT) practice, based in Dallas. Mike has gained experience in virtually all aspects of taxation during 42 years in public accounting, focusing on state tax matters for the past 24 years. He serves as the firm’s SALT leader for the transportation industry and has extensive experience with purchasing company applications, sales tax planning, income tax planning, audit representation and restructuring projects. Other specialized industries Mike has experience in include equipment leasing and financial services.
His recent accomplishments include:
- Consulting with companies in a wide variety of industries on state tax apportionment methods and reporting options.
- Designing and implementing income tax-efficient corporate structures for businesses in many industries
- Designing and implementing procurement structures for businesses to reduce the cost of property used in their businesses.
- Successfully representing taxpayers before the Illinois Department of Revenue, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, the California State Board of Equalization and many other state tax agencies.
- Consulting with companies on ASC 740 matters.
- Identifying and securing tax refunds in unique and often overlooked areas.
- Financial services
- Food and beverage
- Hospitality and restaurants
- State and local tax services
Professional qualifications and memberships
CPA — Texas
Texas Society of CPAs
American Trucking Association
Transportation Intermediaries Association
Institute for Professionals in Taxation
MS, Taxation, DePaul University
BS, Accounting, Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
Search for people at Grant Thornton
Search for people at Grant Thornton by selecting one or more criteria. Select new criteria
to conduct a new search.