Loretta R. Cross is a Mananging Director in Grant Thornton’s restructuring practice. She has more than 40 years of experience in strategic, operational, financial and litigation consulting. She has served in managment roles for both operating companies and liquidation/litigation trusts. She has been a key business advisor to parties in some of the nation’s largest financial and operational restructurings and has provided expert testimony on a variety of issues.
Her previous clients range from small privately held companies to large international enterprises. Her specialties include distressed business valuation, financial forecasting, forensic analysis, regulatory compliance, litigation consulting, and debt restructuring, among others.
Prior to rejoining Grant Thornton she led both the Energy Advisory Practice and the Corporate Advisory and Restructuring Services Practice for Stout. In addition, she has worked in leadership rolse for other accounting and financial advisory firms in her 30 years of experience.
Ms. Cross has more than 30 years of experience including bankruptcy, restructuring, and financial consulting. Ms. Cross has worked in a number of industries including exploration and production, oil field services, power generation, pipelines, retail, financial services, health care, manufacturing, real estate, services and telecommunications.
- Retail and consumer products
- Real estate and construction
- Technology and telecommunication
- Restructuring and turnaround
Professional qualifications and memberships
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV)
Ms. Cross has served on a number of company boards including Neon Systems, HII Technologies, Check 6, BEXPX and MRC. Ms. Cross serves or has served on numerous not for profit boards including the Neuhause Education Center, Turnaround Management Association, Lupus Foundation of America, Houston Area Women’s Chamber of Commerce and the Executive Women’s Partnership. Throughout the industry, Ms. Cross is a sought out speaker on numerous restructuring and energy related topics.
- 2010 Most Powerful and Influential Women of Texas
- 2011, 2013 and 2016 Who’s Who in Energy, Houston Business Journal
- 2012 Woman on the Move, Texas Executive Women
- 2015 YWCA Outstanding Woman in Energy
- 2017 STEAM Role Model
- 2018 and 2020 Co-Chair of the HWCC Annual Conference
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Accountants
- Center for Houston’s Future Leadership Forum
- Certified Distressed Business Valuator (CDBV)
- Certified Insolvency and Reorganization Accountant (CIRA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Executive Women’s Partnership, Chair
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Greater Houston Partnership
- International Women’s Forum, 2017 Conference Fund Raising Chair
- Neuhause Education Center
- North America Power Credit Organization
- Texas Executive Women, Treasurer
- Turnaround Management Association, Vice Chair and Education Committee Chair
- Valcon Conference (ABI), Conference Planning Committee 2009, 2010, 2011
- Woman Leaders Committee, Chair and Founder
University of Texas at Austin