CHICAGO -- Grant Thornton LLP is featured in a new report released by Business Roundtable, Create, Grow, Sustain: Delivering Shared Success
, which details company achievements in creating a more sustainable world and a better quality of life for Americans. In its tenth year, the report features a premier list of leading companies.
“All our work at Grant Thornton stems from a single, clear purpose: to help people achieve their potential today so we can build a better tomorrow,” said Mike McGuire, CEO of Grant Thornton. “For more than 90 years, Grant Thornton has been helping people, organizations and communities reach their full potential. Our shared values inspire us to run our business for the benefit of all our stakeholders. This culture of social responsibility extends through all we do — from our audit, tax and advisory work, to our volunteerism, community outreach and philanthropy.
The report highlights Grant Thornton’s sustainability achievements
, which include:
Commitment to Global Social Responsibility
- Serving as a founding partner of Impact 2030, the first global effort to marshal corporate volunteers in support of the Global Goals.
- Becoming one of the first companies to adopt the United Nations’ Global Goals for Sustainable Development to guide our corporate social responsibility efforts.
Making it our Business to Support Nonprofits
- Inviting our employees to complete at least 24 hours of volunteer service through our GT24 Challenge. To date, more than 25 percent of our team committed to more than 48,000 volunteer hours to support education, the environment, health services and other areas.
- More than 800 of our people serve on nonprofit boards, working to provide leadership, governance and financial support to help these organizations achieve their goals.
About Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton is one of the largest providers of professional services to nonprofit organizations – helping to improve operations and mitigate risks for nearly a third of the organizations in The NonProfit Times Top 100 and Forbes Top 50 U.S. Charities. When these organizations are more effective at what they do, the benefits cascade through all the communities we serve together.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP
(Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton, which has revenues in excess of $1.6 billion and operates 59 offices, works with a broad range of dynamic publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions.
Grant Thornton LLP
+1 847 691 9486