"As we continue to expand our practice, it is important that we provide both depth and breadth of services to our transaction clients"
CHICAGO, IL --Grant Thornton LLP is growing its Transaction Services practice with the appointment of Brian Pitera to the position of principal and operations leader. Pitera is based in the firm’s Chicago office, and together with the other new hires from Blossom, is focused on the performance improvement of mid-market companies who are experiencing difficulty in scaling and growing their business and increasing transaction value through operational due diligence.
“As we continue to expand our practice, it is important that we provide both depth and breadth of services to our transaction clients,” said Jim Peko, Grant Thornton’s national managing principal of Transaction Services. “Brian and his team built a strong boutique firm at Blossom, and the bench strength these seven individuals bring to the Grant Thornton team will help us provide distinctive client service throughout the region and the country.”
Brian Pitera has more than 20 years of experience in industries such as retail, automotive and consumer goods. He has led carve-outs, integrations and post-close value realization through performance improvement projects – revenue enhancement, retail operations, cost of goods sold (COGS) reductions, and selling, general and administrative expenses (SG&A) – for Fortune 500 companies and mid-market private equity portfolio companies, including services such as revenue enhancement, retail operations, COGS reductions and SG&A expense minimization. He received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Northwestern University.
Additional new hires to Grant Thornton include:
About Grant Thornton LLP
- Cooper Butler, Minneapolis – Butler has nearly 15 years of diversified experience in leadership and consulting roles, merger and acquisition transactions and global transaction management. Butler received a master’s of business administration degree and bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Georgia.
- Candace Lee, Minneapolis – Candace Lee has more than 25 years of experience in human resources infrastructure design and organizational change management. Candace Lee received a bachelor’s degree from DeVry University.
- Philip Lee, Minneapolis – Philip Lee has more than 20 years of industry experience in finance and supply chain management. He brings extensive direct functional expertise in sales and operations planning and integrated business planning, financial planning and analysis, business process development and implementation and enterprise resource planning blueprinting. Philip Lee received a master’s of business administration degree from Cardinal Stritch University and bachelor’s degree in accounting from Minnesota State University.
- Brett Tibbs, Minneapolis – Tibbs has nearly 20 years of experience in information technology consulting. Tibbs received a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Minnesota.
- Corey Martin, Dallas – Martin specializes in financial analysis, planning and forecasting for Fortune 500 organizations. Martin received a master’s of business administration degree from Arizona State University and a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Texas.
- Kristy Rogers, Detroit – Rogers has 20 years of experience in operations, marketing, sales and administration with Fortune 500 clients.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP
(Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. In the United States, Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.45 billion and operates 59 offices with more than 550 partners and 7,000 employees. Grant Thornton works with a broad range of dynamic publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions. Please see grantthornton.com for further details.
Grant Thornton LLP
David Van de Walle
T +1 312 754 7102