A top-10 U.S. automotive captive finance company required a comprehensive property tax solution to manage their lease vehicle property tax compliance while also providing transparency to allow their customer service teams access to data and timely lessee billback. The challenge was to use automation to improve processing efficiencies and reduce the burden on their internal tax team, while also replacing archaic technology through a simple and secured client portal to meet the demands of their customer-support teams.
Grant Thornton used an integrated team of experienced property tax compliance and tax digital consulting advisers to develop a platform that features:
- Optical character recognition software to efficiently and accurately capture and process a high volume of tax bills
- Advanced data analytics software to validate data and automate compliance processes
- A geo-coding system that enables clients to accurately determine specific tax jurisdictions and tax rates by address
- Intuitive interfaces to manage secured-access documents for internal tax and customer service teams
- Superior workflow processes that keep clients apprised of communications and that track both the progress and the resolution of work items
The optimized processes and technology simplify access for customer service teams and improved client response times. This increased operational efficiency, along with the data visualizations, allow the client's tax team to spend more time on actual decision-making with the confidence of knowing they are focusing on the right information.