Grant Thornton LLP is a proud sponsor of the PEI Private Fund Compliance Forum – Come see us at our booth and breakout session.
We hope that you will be joining us at PEI's Private Fund Compliance Forum
in New York City on May 9–10. Please stop by our booth to learn more about Grant Thornton and how we can help.
Grant Thornton’s Asset Management practice is committed to providing a full range of audit, tax and advisory services to clients of all sizes. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss how Grant Thornton can help add value to your organization through its service offerings. Our promise is to deliver scalable results and lasting value by unraveling the many complex operational and financial challenges you face. For additional information, please contact:
National Asset Management practice leader
Audit Services partner
+1 212 624 5258
Tax Services partner
+1 212 624 5335
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Track A: Developing a strategy to handle increasing complexity of tax compliance.
, Tax Services partner, Grant Thornton
, chief operating & compliance officer, LNK Partners
, general partner, chief operating and compliance officer, New Heritage Capital
, chief financial officer, The Riverside Company
This session will focus on:
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Creating AIV structures to accommodate and manage flow through investing
- Making distributions to LPs
- Reporting income on a quarterly basis to make estimated payments or distributions where appropriate
- Creating a double GP structure
- Structuring offshore deals with investors in various jurisdictions
- Utilizing technology to help with quick analytics to assist decision making on where to file, penalties vs the cost of filing, etc.
Firming up fees and expenses policies and procedures
, national asset management sector leader, Audit Services partner, Grant Thornton
, chief compliance officer, Berkshire Partners LLC
Steven A. Schwab
, director of compliance and legal, Thoma Bravo
, chief compliance officer, CVC Capital Partners
This session will focus on:
Managed Funds Association (MFA)
- Staying abreast of fees and expenses from a policy perspective.
- Dissecting the expense report to ascertain what is a management company cost vs. a fund cost.
- Making a case for quarterly mapping and granular reporting on fees and expenses.
- What can be allocated back to the fund?
- What constitutes a broken deal and when does the clock start to charge for one?
- Disclosing practices upfront.
Grant Thornton’s Asset Management practice is also a proud sponsor of the MFA Legal & Compliance 2017 Conference, which is taking place simultaneously on May 9 at the Metropolitan Club in New York. This conference focuses on comprehensive advice around the implementation of and compliance with regulatory reforms affecting hedge funds and their investors. To learn more, visit the conference website here
The best defense is always a strong offense: Positioning for change in the asset management industry
Tightening pressure transforms the landscape: the state of the asset management industry
- These are uncertain times for the asset management industry. On one hand, the promise of a unified government with Republican control of the White House and Congress promises a friendlier tax, regulatory and enforcement environment. On the other hand, with so much change swirling at once, uncertainty abounds.
Learn more about our asset management practice
- The pressure is on asset managers to demonstrate value. The industry is facing new competitors, changing client demographics, needs and expectations, and more regulation. At the same time, diverse investors are looking for asset managers who think more like them.