Grant Thornton LLP is a platinum sponsor of the Global Alternative Investment Management (GAIM) conference
, the leading operations and compliance event for the hedge fund industry. This convention, March 6-9, at the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, draws more than 500 participants from the ranks of CFOs, chief compliance officers, COOs, operational due diligence leaders, general counsels and more.
Grant Thornton’s Asset Management practice will highlight its considerable hedge-fund experience in a variety of panels, discussions and workshops, including:
Check out Grant Thornton’s thought leadership
• Get your financial books and records in deal-ready shape
• SEC and FINRA set 2016 examinations priorities for asset managers
• Cybersecurity incident response: Planning is just the beginning
, Audit partner and U.S. Asset Management Sector leader, will moderate “The Evolving Business Model for Hedge Funds: Looking at the Future Model of Sustaining, Growing and Innovating.” 11:35 a.m., Tuesday, March 8.
- Which investor group(s) represents the most advantageous path for your goals in raising capital – sovereign investors, pension funds, high net worth individuals or sophisticated institutions.
- Should you increase or start pursuing the opportunity through liquid alternative products.
- How to prepare for the updated operating due diligence for your business model.
, Tax Practice leader, will discuss tax issues facing emerging manager. Grant Thornton-hosted lunch table, 1 p.m., Monday, March 7.
- Type and mix of potential investors (foreign vs. domestic, tax-exempt, etc)
- Common fund structures
- Income streams from different asset classes
- Use of blockers and other vehicles for foreign investors and tax sensitive investors
- Potential filing and record keeping obligations
, Forensic and Valuation Services managing director, will address “Cybersecurity: The Anatomy of A Breach.” Track 2 Mini-Workshops – Compliance, 2 p.m. and again at 2:45 p.m., Tuesday, March 8.
What we do
How breaches occur
- What leading practices are being adopted by companies to identify, monitor and respond to the treats
- Establishing an effective cybersecurity program and cybersecurity insurance to third-party risk and interfacing with the board
Grant Thornton is excited about this conference because hedge funds are a foundational part of our Asset Management practice
. We can help hedge funds thrive in their competitive environment by helping them understand how to reduce costs, decrease risk and improve their business processes in an intensifying regulatory environment.
Once you get there
Once you get to the GAIM conference, stop by Grant Thornton’s Booth 7, next to the Little Cayman conference room, to say hello and look at our materials. Gain insights by attending our presentations, detailed above. Don’t wait until the conference to preview our thought leadership.