In this unprecedented period of economic uncertainty, we anticipate that many businesses and organizations are looking for ways to respond to the effects of COVID-19. In this webcast, we will discuss strategies traditionally used by municipalities to provide resources to existing businesses, concerns that businesses are facing and new initiatives underway to assist businesses affected by the current economic downturn.
The webcast will touch on current regulatory and legislative developments that are critical to helping businesses successfully navigate COVID-19 and its economic impacts. We will also cover resources and initiatives currently underway that could influence future developments in other markets.
Business Leaders and Economic development agencies are encouraged to join this presentation.
- Describe on a macro level what businesses are doing and how they are responding to current market needs.
- Illustrate how federal programs such as the Stimulus Package and the Employee Retention Credit are being utilized and the effectiveness of these programs on “real time” employer needs.
- Identify how project pipelines are changing for economic development organizations and for companies looking for expansion opportunities across the U.S., especially those entities involved in supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Summarize what other communities and jurisdictions are doing to support their current and future employer growth and retention initiatives.
- Describe what state and local programs are available to businesses and examine new and creative opportunities that are available for consideration.
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study:
- John Castro, Director, Location Advisory and Business Incentives
- Zach Scott, Senior Associate, Credits and Incetive Services
- Jonathan Eaton, Principal, National Supply Chain Practice Leader
- Jennifer A. Kerber, Director, Marketing & Government Affairs, Grant Thornton Public Sector
Business Management and Organization
Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via email at webcastCOE@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you are experiencing problems viewing or listening to an event, please review the event help guide
that provides minimum requirements and frequently asked questions.