The Section 199A deduction for pass-through entities has been a hot topic of discussion since the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act at the end of 2017. On August 8, 2018, The Treasury and IRS helped address some questions by providing additional guidance through the issuance of proposed regulations.
On this webcast, our tax specialists will share key takeaways and evolving interpretations, planning considerations, and insights since the release of the proposed regulations, including which trades or businesses may qualify, potential planning considerations with respect to multiple trades or businesses, whether the taxpayer is permitted to aggregate trades or businesses, and potential planning opportunities.
This webcast will help you understand and apply these proposed regulations and its application to computing the Section 199A pass-through deduction.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the newly proposed regulations under Section 199A
- Describe how the proposed regulations may impact your organization or personal tax situation
- Identify opportunities to potentially increase the 199A deduction
- Amy Roberts, National Managing Partner - Partnership, Grant Thornton LLP
- Jose Carrasco, Senior Manager Washington National Tax Office, Grant Thornton LLP
- Barbara Ryan, Partner, Private Client Services, Grant Thornton LLP
- Bryan Keith, Managing Director Washington National Tax Office, Grant Thornton LLP
- Mel Schwarz, Retired Partner, Tax Legislative Affairs, Washington National Tax Office
Recommended Field of Study: Taxes
Program Level: Overview
Delivery Method: Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via phone at +1 877 398 9939, via email at GTWebcast@centurylink.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you have any questions regarding CPE credit, please contact CPE support via phone at +1 630 396 5831, via email at CPEEvents@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcast CPE information page