With the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act at the end of 2017, Congress mandated that taxpayer’s untaxed foreign earnings were subject to a one-time “transition” tax in the United States. The complexity of the law left many wondering what the exact impact on their organization would be. On August 1, 2018, the Treasury and IRS released proposed regulations providing additional guidance and addressing some, but not all, of the ambiguities arising from the new law. Understanding and applying these regulations is an urgent and critical task for taxpayers as the 2017 tax filing deadline for many is quickly approaching. On this webcast, our Washington National Tax Office specialists will help you understand what the regulations might mean for your organization so you can navigate this complex area with confidence.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of what’s included in the proposed regulations under Section 965.
- Describe how the proposed regulations may impact your organization or personal tax situation.
- Identify unique fact patterns to which the regulations apply and assess the impact.
Download this webcast presentation
- David Sites, National Managing Partner, International Tax Services, Washington National Tax Office
- David Zaiken, Managing Director, Washington National Tax Office
- Cory Perry, Senior Manager, Washington National Tax Office
- Mike Del Medico, Manager, Washington National Tax Office
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study: Taxes
Program Level: Overview
Delivery Method: Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via phone at +1 877 398 9939, via email at GTWebcast@centurylink.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you have any questions regarding CPE credit, please contact CPE support via phone at +1 630 396 5831, via email at CPEEvents@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcast CPE information page