The overhaul of the tax code Congress passed in December has a significant effect on an employer’s and employee’s treatment of compensation and benefits including executive compensation, fringe benefits, and retirement plans. By understanding the impact of these rule changes, organizations can lessen or avoid unfavorable consequences and take advantage of new opportunities. During this webcast, our Human Capital Services team will provide an in depth analysis of the key aspects of the new tax bill that affect compensation and benefits.
Identify the tax consequences to employers and employees regarding new rules surrounding fringe benefits
- Interpret the impact of changes to the §162(m) $1M deduction limit for public companies, including transition relief
- Analyze a new opportunity to defer taxation on stock options and restricted stock units
- Appraise the impact on tax-exempt organizations, including the 21% excise tax on highly compensated employees
- Plan for new income tax withholding rates
Download this webcast presentation.
- Jeff Martin, Partner, Human Capital Services, Washington National Tax Office
- Eddie Adkins, Partner, Human Capital Services, Washington National Tax Office
- Mark Ritter, Managing Director, Human Capital Services, Atlanta, Ga.
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study:
Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via phone at +1 877 398 9939, via email at GTWebcast@centurylink.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you have any questions regarding CPE credit, please contact CPE support via phone at +1 630 396 5831, via email at CPEEvents@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcast CPE information page