Numerous state and local tax (SALT) developments have occurred during the first half of 2017, including the adoption of significant tax legislation in Kansas, Minnesota and Tennessee. State courts have addressed a wide variety of SALT disputes, including the scope of deductions allowed under hybrid entity-level taxes, the appropriate composition of consolidated and combined groups, and whether recent remote-seller legislation meets constitutional standards. State tax authorities and the Multistate Tax Commission have considered new regulations and other guidance on how to interpret recent corporate and sales tax enactments. In conjunction with these developments, states are also responding to recent federal enactments and the potential effect of proposed federal tax reform on state tax policy and structure.
Members of Grant Thornton LLP’s SALT practice will discuss these developments, with a view into how they may affect taxpayers’ current and prospective tax filings.
- Identify significant SALT developments in state legislatures.
- Differentiate recent activity on SALT matters considered by state courts and tax authorities.
- Analyze how these developments will affect taxpayers’ positions on filed tax returns, as well as positions to be taken on prospective tax returns.
Download this webcast presentation.
- Jamie Yesnowitz, Principal, SALT – National Tax Office leader, Washington, DC
- Mark Arrigo, Tax Business Line Leader for Income and Franchise, Atlanta, GA
- Metisse Lutz, Manager, State and Local Tax, Denver, CO
- Eric Cheek, Senior Manager, State and Local Tax, Metro DC
- Justyna Kubicki, Experience manager, State and Local Tax
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study:
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via phone at +1 877 398 9939, via email at GTWebcast@level3.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you have any questions regarding CPE credit, please contact CPE support via phone at +1 630 396 5831, via email at CPEEvents@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcast CPE information page