Taxpayers are always looking for ways to maximize tax deductions. However, there are many unfavorable rules concerning the tax treatment of business transactions, in addition to strict documentation requirements when deductions are taken. Join our webcast as we discuss interesting situations around transaction costs tax treatment, including how the IRS has responded to certain positions that some may have considered “safe”.
- Describe an overview of the U.S. federal income tax treatment of transaction costs
- Summarize several interesting examples of actual transaction costs situations that have yielded surprising results
- Identify transaction costs tax positions challenged in recent IRS audits, including situations where the safe harbor election was made
- List current hot topics and recent IRS guidance in this area
- Bryan Keith, managing director, Washington National Tax Office, Washington, D.C.
- Brian Angstadt, senior manager, Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Services, Atlanta
- Tracy Hennesy, senior manager, Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Services, Houston
Download this webcast presentation.
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study: Taxes
Program Level: Overview
Delivery Method: Group-internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via phone at +1 877 398 9939, via email at GTWebcast@level3.com, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page.
If you have any questions regarding CPE credit, please contact CPE support via phone at +1 630 396 5831, via email at CPEEvents@us.gt.com, or visit our webcast CPE information page.