2016 has witnessed some of the Indian business environment’s most dramatic changes. After a 13 year journey, with the amendment in the constitution of India, the Goods and Service Tax (GST) finally will be a reality. India signed its revised tax treaty with Mauritius, Singapore and Cyprus providing finality to a long standing dispute on the taxation of exit gains by foreign investors. The Union Government demonetized high value currency in the month of November. On the one hand this action brought the parallel economy to a virtual halt, but on the other hand it caused economic disruption on the demand front. The upcoming union budget is changing to a high expectation budget, as it will be a mid-tenure budget of the current government and an opportunity to course correct the economic disruption caused by the demonetization.
In this webcast, tax professionals from Grant Thornton India and Grant Thornton LLP will address highlights of the 2017 budget, along with major policy initiatives, and an overview of the recent developments on the long-awaited goods and service tax (GST).
- Cite the recent developments on the long-awaited goods and service tax (GST)
- List recent developments around Indian tax treaties
- Identify the impact of demonetization by the Union Government in November 2016
- Analyze the 2017-18 budget
Download this webcast presentation.
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study: Taxes
- Doug Wood, East region practice leader, International Tax Services, Grant Thornton United States LLP
- Vikas Vasal, National Leader - Tax, Grant Thornton India
- Arun Chhabra, Transfer Pricing Head, Grant Thornton India
- Rajesh Tripathi, National leader - India Business Group, Grant Thornton LLP
Program Level: Overview
Delivery Method: Group-internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via phone at +1 877 398 9939, via email at GTWebcast@level3.com, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page.
If you have any questions regarding CPE credit, please contact CPE support via phone at +1 630 396 5831, via email at CPEEvents@us.gt.com, or visit our webcast CPE information page.