Grant Thornton is hosting a special webcast to get to know our newest Purple Paladin, Hope in a Box. Founded by Joe English, Hope in a Box empowers educators by providing literature, detailed curriculums and coaching to improve classroom environments for LGBTQ+ students. The nonprofit offers free boxed sets of materials designed for high school and middle school levels, with each box containing about two-dozen curated books featuring positive LGBTQ+ characters and themes. Each box also provides teachers with Common Core standard curriculum guides, which helps educators incorporate Hope in a Box’s materials into their classes.
During this webcast, you will hear from Joe himself about the power hope can provide, along with a few guest speakers who will discuss the important work that Hope in a Box is doing for LGBTQ+ youth and the community. Our guest speakers will feature an educator who has used Hope in a Box in their classroom, and Grant Thornton team members who will share what Hope in a Box means to them.
The webcast discussion will:
- Describe the challenges facing LGBTQ+ students and educators
- Discuss the positive role of LGBTQ+ representation within education and the opportunity to create change
- Describe how you can help be an agent of change to support LGBTQ+ students
Resgiter for the webcast today and help us continue to fill boxes — and students — with hope by considering a donation.
- Moderator: Greg Fairbanks, Managing Director, Washington National Tax Office, Equality GT Executive Sponsor
- Joe English, Founder & Executive Director, Hope in a Box
- Jamie Fowler, Chief Transformation Officer, DEI Champion, Grant Thornton
- Laura Eilts, Associate Director, Community Engagement, Grant Thornton
- John Bart, Marketing Manager, Grant Thornton
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via email at webcastCOE@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you are experiencing problems viewing or listening to an event, please review the event help guide
that provides minimum requirements and frequently asked questions.