Join us as we repeat our two half-day sessions on Unique Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organizations and Federal Awards Management. Based on the positive response to these presentations in the past, we will be updating and presenting them again on July 8th.
At these sessions, we will discuss the specialized, and sometimes complex, accounting standards used by not-for-profit organizations. This session will also provide an overview of the pending guidance on revenue recognition, leases, and not-for-profit financial reporting. In a separate session, we will review Uniform Grant Guidance and the compliance and administrative requirements for not-for-profit organizations that receive federal awards. Attend one or both sessions.
Session 1 (8:30am – 12:00pm) - Not-for-Profit Accounting:
At the end of this session, you will be able to
- Identify the complex issues and new developments, in the areas of contributions, net assets, functional expenses, investments and endowments.
- Recognize the FASB’s changes to the financial reporting model for not-for-profits.
- Explain the not-for-profit implications of the recent FASB guidance on leases and revenue recognition.
Session 2 (1:00pm - 4:30pm) - Federal Award Management:
Following this session, you will be able to
- Explain the general compliance requirements, including the most commonly applicable compliance requirements (allowable costs, eligibility, cash management, subrecipient monitoring, etc.).
- List the proper internal controls over compliance
- Explain how to prepare for an audit of your federal awards.
- Define the new federal procurement requirements.
- Summarize Single Audit requirements and recent developments related to Uniform Grant Guidance.
8:00 – 8:30 am: Breakfast and registration
8:30 am – 12:00 pm: Session 1 Not-for-Profit Accounting
12:00 – 1:00pm: Lunch (provided)
1:00 – 4:30 pm: Session 2 Federal Award Management
Group – live
Recommended field of study:
Session 1 - Not-for-Profit Accounting: Accounting
Session 2 - Federal Award Management:: Accounting Governmental
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via email at webcastCOE@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you are experiencing problems viewing or listening to an event, please review the event help guide
that provides minimum requirements and frequently asked questions.