With new privacy laws in California, Virginia and Colorado coming into effect in 2023 and more states considering privacy regulations, companies need to work to assess the legal and operational impacts and begin to build and modify their own privacy programs to meet these new requirements. We will walk through key operational impacts and lessons learned from implementing California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and Brazil’s Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD). We’ll focus on how you can leverage your 2023 compliance efforts to establish a sustainable privacy compliance program that maps regulatory requirements to controls, assigns responsibility/ownership, and supports ongoing compliance monitoring with existing, as well as new and changing requirements.
Join the Grant Thornton Privacy Team on Thursday February 17th for insights on how to comply with California’s Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), Virginia’s Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA) and Colorado’s Privacy Acts (CPA) as well as how to establish a mature privacy program that can quickly adapt and monitor the ever-evolving privacy regulatory landscape.
- Identify and review regulatory requirements for CPRA, CDPA and CPA
- Explain how to build an effective privacy program with outputs and examples
- Cite similar upcoming regulations around the US and how those could impact future program growth
- Describe important content areas like data minimization, monitoring, and an effective assessment process
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study:
- Lindsay Hohler - Principal, Privacy and data protection, Grant Thornton LLP
- Kevin Karwan - Manager, Privacy and data protection, Grant Thornton LLP
Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via email at webcastCOE@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you are experiencing problems viewing or listening to an event, please review the event help guide
that provides minimum requirements and frequently asked questions.