Most organizations, regardless of industry, have migrated a few, some, or all their critical applications to the cloud. Integrating cloud infrastructure into their current security programs is considered an essential step ensuring the new risks associated with these cloud environments are properly addressed. While many of these organizations have some form of a Cloud Security Program, these programs often do not have the scope or scale necessary to properly identify and mitigate emerging, and often, unforeseen, security risks specific to the cloud environment(s) they now operating in. Internal Audit can play a pivotal role helping organizations understand weaknesses in their Cloud Security Program and providing guidance on how to mature these plans to protect business operations while continuing to move towards a fully integrated operating environment.
Join Grant Thornton’s Internal Audit Cybersecurity team on April 1st to discuss how Internal Audit leaders can effectively assess their organization’s Cloud Security program and provide leading practice recommendations to mature their organization’s cloud program resiliency. The discussion will focus on:
- The current cloud landscape, understanding benefits and shared responsibilities
- Business operational trends and how companies have successfully responded to known and unknown cloud security risks
- Key collaboration factors between the cloud vendor and a company's security team
- Effective testing strategies to help ensure there is a competent program with full coverage to handle cloud specific security risks
- Internal Audit focus areas, including a thorough understanding of the company's operational objectives and processes
- Leading practice examples on how to effectively mature cloud security programs
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study:
- Describe the cloud environment and how it is being deployed in today's business structure
- Cite Internal Audit focus areas, which includes a thorough understanding of the company's operational objectives, risks and processes
- Identify a company's current cloud security program maturity in terms of people, process and technology risks
- Integrate program enhancements to prepare for inevitable risks
Experience with audit planning and managing cybersecurity and cloud security risks through the audit program
Understanding of cybersecurity and cloud security risks and how they may impact/impair business operations
Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via email at webcastCOE@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you are experiencing problems viewing or listening to an event, please review the event help guide
that provides minimum requirements and frequently asked questions.