The threat of a cyber attack is significant and can be devastating. Companies have moved away from designing their cyber programs as a ""best practice"" and have, instead, begun to develop these programs to maximize resiliency as a necessary means in maintaining their financial, compliance and reputational posture. Companies continue to expand cybersecurity capabilities by integrating cyber risk management into day-to-day operations. With this increased reliance and ever evolving attack techniques facing today's companies, the importance of an independent review by internal audit has never been greater. Internal Audit plays a crucial role in ensuring an organization is resilient against cyber attacks.
Join the Grant Thornton Internal Audit Cybersecurity team on September 16th for a webinar to discuss how internal audit can assess and inform the audit committee and the board of the adequacy of your organization's cyber resilience processes and controls are aligned to the changing risk landscape.
The discussion will focus on:
- Refocusing cyber audits to evaluate how your organization is adapting and responding to emerging cyber threats
- Examples of how cyber programs can be enhanced by combining technical cyber techniques with risk-based control frameworks
- Leading practices internal auditors can consider in their audit plan to evaluate their organization's cyber incident response program
- Cross-industry shift from program audits to security tool effectiveness testing to improve resilience against cyber attacks
- In the event of a breach, what is internal audit’s role in the post-mortem assessment process and evaluation of managements correction action plans
Please note: CPE credits are not awarded for webcast replay.
Recommended Field of Study:
- Evaluate how organizations are adapting and responding to emerging cyber threats
- Indicate driving outcomes of a program audit
- Define IA's role in the event of breach
- Identify and discuss data breach prevention strategies
- Identify industry audit trends and recognize the shift from program audits to security tool control effectiveness testing
- Describe leading practices on enhancing cyber incident response program
- Propose enhancing cyber programs by combining technical cyber techniques with risk-based control frameworks
Experience with audit planning and managing Cyber security risks through the audit program
Understanding of Cyber security risks and how they may impact/impair business operations
Group - Internet
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while enrolling, please contact technical support via email at webcastCOE@us.gt.com
, or visit our webcasting frequently asked questions page
If you are experiencing problems viewing or listening to an event, please review the event help guide
that provides minimum requirements and frequently asked questions.