Professionals in Grant Thornton's Food and Beverage practice contribute to and are quoted in a wide range of industry publications. The links below provide a sampling of these activities.
- 2013 Food Industry Outlook: Five Things to Look Out for (Food Processing magazine, January 10, 2013)
Dexter Manning, National Food and Beverage Practice Leader, talks about how despite food and beverage companies bouncing back from the recession, high commodity and regulatory costs are taking a huge chunk out of company margins. He also mentions that private labels will continue to gain traction.
- Anti-Corruption Laws Feed on the Food and Beverage Industry (Food Quality magazine, Oct./Nov. 2012) Grant Thornton FVS Director, Gene Cahill, discusses anti-corruption statutes and local laws affecting food importers and companies doing business abroad, as regulators hold companies liable for third party actions.
- A Profitable Exercise (Food & Drink, July/August 2012): Principal Paul Melville and Manager Abhi Hazarika from the Corporate Advisory and Restructuring Services Practice, demonstrate how a pricing optimization analysis can help identify immediate profit-enhancement opportunities.
- M&A heats up in food and beverage industry (Milwaukee Business News, April 30, 2012): Milwaukee Transaction Advisory Services Partner, Jeff Bradford, weighs in on how market conditions this year are ripe for an increase in food and beverage deal activity throughout the Midwest.
- Sales and income figures from 2010 look promising, but 2011 brings new challenges for food & beverage processors (Food Processing, August 8, 2011): Dexter Manning, Food and Beverage practice leader, authored this article about challenges for food and beverage processors in 2011.
- Give Us a (Tax) Break (Food & Drink, May/June 2011): Tim Schram, State and Local Tax senior manager, and Dan McGrath, Tax executive director, authored this article on the federal, state and local tax incentives that are available to food and beverage companies.
- Survey finds serious inflation concerns from manufacturers (Food Processing, May 10, 2011): This article summarized the results of a recent Grant Thornton survey of manufacturing CFOs and controllers. Wally Gruenes's quote about the increase in commodity raw material costs was included.
- The Industry Pitfall (Food & Drink, Summer 2011): Food and Beverage Partner Tony Perazzo authored this article on preventing food recalls and mitigating recall risk.
- Layering Credits and Incentives for Investment (Food Processing, April 5, 2011): Tim Schram, Director of Incentive Services for State and Local Tax, authored this article about the benefits of making capital investments during 2011.
- Distributors: Don't Risk It (Food & Drink, Spring 2011): Partners Jim Maurer and Warren Stippich wrote this article about taking an enterprise risk management approach to food safety.
- State of the Food Industry 2011: End of Recession Changes Everything … or Nothing (Food Processing, December 21, 2010): Dexter Manning, Food and Beverage practice leader, commented on the state of the food industry in 2011.
- Guest Column: Mining Your Tax Advantages (Beverage World, September 9, 2010): Partner Giles Sutton and Manager Chuck Jones authored this column about tax efficiency for companies that manage consumer products supply chains.