2016 Grant Thornton North Carolina 100®
Since 1984, the Grant Thornton North Carolina 100® (NC100) has celebrated the substantial impact of private companies in North Carolina.
Participating NC100 companies benefit from heightened market awareness for their business and employees. Leveraging this positive recognition can enhance your company's brand, attract and retain both clients and customers, and develop a strong employee talent pool. View the 2015 winners, or access last year's published article.
Ranking in the NC100 is based on the actual revenue figure you provide. The published list of finalists will be featured in October's edition of Business North Carolina. The final list will only indicate revenue ranges, specific revenue will be held to the highest confidentiality and will not be shared.
Requirements for inclusion: To be considered, companies must be headquartered in North Carolina. Inclusion is voluntary and companies are ranked by revenue in the previous year. Revenues numbers are kept strictly confidential.
Excluded from participating are:
financial services companies
health care providers such as hospitals and doctors' offices
Foreign ownership companies are permitted to apply as long as at least 50% of the revenue remains in-state. Ownership by private equity is also permitted.
New for 2016 - Special award categories*
We know that it takes more than one person to contribute to the success of a company. Grant Thornton is proud to announce the addition of individual award categories to the 2016 NC100 program. While optional, we encourage you to take a few moments to submit a nomination in recognition of those in your organization who go above and beyond. A short essay of no more than 650 words is all that is required. Winners will be selected by an independent party and notified in late September. (*A completed NC100 application must be submitted along with special award essays.)
The award categories are:
- Deal Maker of the Year: Recognizing individuals who have been instrumental in the orchestration of a corporate restructuring, including merger, acquisition, sale, loan, liquidation and debt restructuring, etc.
- CFO of the Year: This award recognizes financial professionals who have affected the performance of their organization and led as financial stewards. These individuals may or may not carry the title of CFO, but have the responsibilities of the position.
- Innovator of the Year: Taking chances in business is not a random decision. This award recognizes individuals who have contributed to the long-term success of their company through innovative thinking and a risk-taking approach. They identify opportunities, and execute creative thinking that has improved revenue, communication, customer relationships, market share or visibility.
- Cultural Leader of the Year: This award recognizes individuals who have intentionally cultivated and developed a collaborative, cultural change in the workplace that has inspired employees and enhanced their company’s performance.
- Technologist of the Year: This award recognizes individuals focused on transforming their organization’s value by integrating new technology to accelerate growth, achieve business objectives, increase efficiencies and drive innovation.
- Leader of the Future: The business world is changing. Today’s most successful CEOs are tomorrow’s “Leaders of the Future.” This new breed of CEO is a forward-thinking visionary. They have a laser focus on the future state their organizational success. Leaders of the Future are curious and innovative, accessible, agile, open to new ideas and they are quick to challenge conventional wisdom. They listen hard and they dig deep for answers, drawing on their people and leveraging talent to create a new future for their organization.
Are you a returning applicant? To accommodate completing the 2016 survey, data from previous submissions (2014-2015) are available to you and can be securely pre-populated to your 2016 survey by obtaining your secure password.
To obtain your password, please contact Kathleen Bajart at +1 704 926 0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE Submit your application safely and securely online.
Deadline for submission: August 5, 2016.
The Grant Thornton North Carolina 100®